Tuesday, June 10, 2008

from krishna

Dear TheatreY team,

I am glad I joined “Act One” the actor workshop for beginners.

Although I have a few years of experience in theatre and theatre related work I found to my surprise a few basics that were missing in my approach. Yog gently spelt them out and through the period of the course managed to iron out most of them. The rest is of course my awareness and experience.

I found that the workshop is very rounded and is very suitable for beginners too. It was wonderful to observe the transition of most of these youngsters from being inside a shell to coming out and creating their own space within which they explored their creativity.

The guiding force is the teacher and it is really hard to come by a teacher of Yog’s temperament and technique these days in any field not just theatre. The space is another great plus. Private and compact yet a lot of width to move around and explore.

Before penning off I’d like to add for new comers that once you join the course see that you maintain at the bare minimum an attendance of 90% or more.

Well this goes for anything you take up in life isn’t it.

Best wishes to one and all.

Thank you.

love and peace

krishna

No comments: